Weight loss has become a serious issue and not many people are successful with their programs. In this article we will point out 15 ways in which you can achieve healthy weight loss. It is very important for you to lose that unnecessary fat accumulation in your body in order to keep serious health problems at bay.
1. Stay away from junk food. They will make you mouth water every time you think about them. They are full of sugars, fats and chemicals that make you crave more. You will need to make a conscious effort to stay away from them most of the times.
2. Don’t starve yourself with the intention of losing weight. Our body system does not work that way and when you do eat, it will try to save more food for another starving session. Do not try to confuse your body system, try to understand it instead. Starving yourself lowers your metabolism and decreases weight loss.
3. Eat until you are hungry-no-more and not until you can’t-take-it-no-more. Your body actually does not need that much food. It takes about 20 minutes for your brain to get the signal that you are full so slow down!
4. Try to eat small quantities at more frequent intervals instead of having a full meals 3 times a day. Your body metabolism will function better with this plan and you will see healthy weight loss taking place.
5. Drink water before eating food so that you do not overeat and it will make you feel fuller faster. However do not eat for ½ hr after drinking water, then eat and wait again for ½ to take liquids. This helps with assimilation and weight loss.
6. Don’t eat anything for at least 2 hours before sleeping. Midnight snacks are dangerous because the body will be immobile while you sleep. Digestion functions better when your body is active. Actually, if possible no food after 7 pm is a wise choice.
7. Stay away from fizzy drinks like soda. Try to supplement them with fruit juice or low-fat yogurt. It can help to take a tall glass; put 1/4th juice in and fill with ice water for example.
8. Minimize or restrict your time in front of the television and your video games. This will help more than you’ll ever know unless you try it!
9. Exercising or do workouts for at least for three days in a week. Running, swimming, tennis, soccer, aerobics and gymnastics are some good options. It is important for you to understand that you will not be able to reduce specific parts of your body. Therefore, you will need to give workout to your entire body in order to achieve an overall results.
10. Park your car at a fair distance away from your office. This way you will get walk to your office and back to your car.
11. Drink fresh pure water, two or three quarts for an average adult every day.
12. Use the stairs instead of taking the elevator. A nice little walk to your office will do a world of good to your health.
13. Make sure that you sleep well for seven to eight hours a day. Our body needs both physical activities and proper rest everyday in order to stay healthy.
14. Maintain a balanced diet and include a lot of green vegetables and fresh fruits in your food habits. Whole grain wheat is healthier when compared to the white bread. Reduce the intake of oils and red meat. Consume a lot of fibers and omega oils.
15. If you smoke, stop because it will adversely affect your body in multiple ways including the loss of stamina and damage to organs.
It is just not possible for you to achieve healthy weight loss and not embrace a health and wellness style of life. You will thank yourself for it as the years roll by.